Terrell

"Terrell" is the blog of Ian Terrell. It covers odd thoughts and ramblings that amuse him about life, and his photographs which capture the mood and his interests.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Monday, May 21, 2007


The Kingfisher

Through my life
I have searched for you,
Illusive Kingfisher bird.
Because you are so rare,
I prefer to think that it is the sparkling blue beauty
that I so long to share.

A glimpse I yearn for,
before you dart away.
To dive and dip, for another feast.
So swift, sharp, with a foaming splash.

It needs a gentle step or stalk,
A watchful attentive peer,
through leaves on golden woodland walks,
or in green dingle glades you appear.

Patience is a virtue for those that hold,
in stark contrast to desire.
And those who wait patiently,
will they ever tire?

Or perhaps that bird,
in making haste,
sped off to another roost.
A comfort haven, for safeties sake?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ian this is lovely - I've watched for the bird with you too but I've never seen it.

Makes me sad too - not sure why. Would love to be able to hang out again and go to the forest looking for birds and have time to chat unhurried and drink Colin's tea.

Keep writing :-)

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home